Description: V1 is a very basic structure of what the game is to be. Everything is meant to be expandable and flexible to change as we build and add on to this game.
Please test to your heart's content, and submit any bugs/issues/suggestions here, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your patience and enjoy!
- Map View: This is the first scene player's will see in the game. The screen will show the player, represented by a blue orb, on a map that represents the real world. As players move around in the real world, their blue orb will move with them in the Map View.
- Towers: Players can build Towers in the Map View by using claimed Land Deeds. Once a Tower is built, players can then "enter" the Tower's Base View. Currently, Towers cannot be destroyed, and players can own as many Towers as they want. This will change in the future.
- Land Deeds: Players use Land Deeds to claim land and build Towers upon that land. When using Land Deeds, a grid will appear around where the player is in the Map View. Players can then select a square in the grid to claim, and build a Tower on. Currently, there is no way for players to acquire Land Deeds in the game. For now, players will just have an unlimited supply of Land Deeds. This will change in the future.
- Loot Crates: Players can find Loot Crates in the Map View. They will spawn randomly, and when clicked, will play an animation to "open" the crate. Opening a Loot Crate will reward players with a random number of resources. Loot Crates can only be opened once during it's lifespan, and will remain closed until it is despawned.
- Mercenaries: Players can find Mercenaries in the Base View. They will spawn randomly, and walk around the map. Currently, Mercenaries do nothing besides provide visual aesthetics. This will change in the future.
- Base View: This is the second scene player's will see in the game. Player's can reach this screen by clicking on an owned Tower, or by clicking the "Base" button in the lower left-hand corner of the Map View. Note: clicking on the "Base" button will only open the Base View of the player's first claimed Tower. This screen will show the player's base interior. It is an isometric view where the Player can view, build, and move buildings around in their base. Automatically, there will be a Center Tower at the center of the base.
- Resources: At this point, the only resources in the game are Gold, Wood, and Stone. Their only purpose is to be used to build Buildings in the Base View. There is also no limit to how many resources a player can have. In the future, there will be more resources, more purposes for them, and a limit to how many a player can have.
- Buildings: Players can build buildings within the Base View as long as they have enough resources. These buildings are the Sentry Post, Training Grounds, Stone Quarry, Barracks, Lumber Mill, Lumber Yard, Stone Storage, University, House, and Turret. These buildings have no purpose, but this will change in the future. Buildings can be placed anywhere in the Base View, as long as the space is not occupied by something else. Buildings can also be rotated and moved around. There is a limit to how many buildings can be placed, and like the Center Tower, once built, buildings cannot be destroyed.