Release Date: October 16th, 2017
Description: V6's main feature is the addition of BATTLING!! We've worked hard to add one of the main features for our game, and to give our testers a taste of what is to be expected from it as we continue to develop it in the future.
- NPCs: We've implemented NPCs in the form of enemy bases. NPCs are placed dynamically around Players, dependent on existing Player population in an area. Players can find and interact with these bases in the Map View, as long as they are within range.
- Battling: Basic battle mechanics have been implemented, allowing for Players to attack fellow Player, or NPC, bases, as long as they are within range to scout, or interact with, them. When battling, Players are given a random assortment of troops to use, rather than using troops that the Player has recruited in their barracks. For now, they will remain separate from battle, but this will change in the future. Also, no matter if a Player wins or loses in battle, loot will not be gained or lost. This is also an aspect that will change as we further develop and work on this feature.
- Units: Archers have been added as a troop unit. Unlike Axemen, these units cannot be found roaming around in the Map View, but Players can still recruit them in their barracks up to the allowed capacity.
- Settings Menu: We've added functionality to the music and SFX buttons, allowing for players to turn these functions on, or off.
- Outpost Menu: An Outpost collection submenu has been added to the Base view. This menu allows for Players to collect from their Outposts from anywhere - this no longer restricts Players to be within range of their Outposts collect from them. We've also added a [City Name] placeholder on all created Outposts. This will eventually customize to the Outpost based on it's location in the real world.
- University Menu: We've expanded the Tech Tree visible in the University Menu. We did not add anymore functionality to it, but we expanded to help make way for what is to come.
- Leveling: An initial building leveling system has been implemented. Some buildings are levelable up to a point, while others seem to not have this feature. This is because the system isn't fully implemented. As we allow for for Players to grow, you'll see this feature expand.
- Animations: New animations have been added for the Sentry Post, the Stone Quarry, the Turret, and the University buildings.
- Mapview outpost debug prompt message removed
- Various Bug Fixes:
- Bug involving loading tiles turning blue when returning to mapview has been fixed
- Slanting timers have been fixed
- Recruitment timer for axemen unit has been fixed (consistent countdown for each unit)
- Displayed cost of battle on "attack" button removed to decrease player confusion
- Bug that prompted the player with a defeat screen when only scouting removed
- Bug involving the player receiving a "victory" prompt screen after retreating removed
- Unit icon flashing removed
- Battle mechanic bugs removed
- Structure submenu (top level icons) are now accessible
- Bug where all NPC player bases were constantly under construction has been removed
- Bug involving missing structure Health bars has been fixed
- Sudden appearance of a distorted target during battle has been removed
- Units being stuck in a running animation has been removed
- Black screen appearing when attacking a scouted enemy for the second time has been removed
- Bug related to outpost resource count being in the negative has been fixed
- Mapview not loading has been fixed
- Outpost collection submenu nonfunctional
**Elevate Gaming did a great video explaining these features, as well as discussing future plans for the game. Check it out below: