Release Date: February 24, 2018
Description: In V8, players will be introduced to a large variety of features. From 3D Avatars, to troop Cards, new defensive structures, and menu redesigns. Players should take time to really explore the app's new features and to experience a more fully-realized game. Continue reading to see the full list of changes, and enjoy!!
- Introducing 3D player avatars - there will be 5 3D modeled avatars that players can select from in the "Profile" submenu to represent themselves.
- Selected avatars will appear in map view instead of the blue player orb. As the player moves, these avatars will be animated to be idle, walk, or run alongside with them.
- Introducing the Card Dealer - this is an interactable NPC who will grant player's a random free troop card every 8 hours, or, for a cost, more often if the player wants more cards.
- The Card Dealer can be found on uniquely design platforms randomly located in map view
- Introducing Troop Cards - instead of collecting "mercenaries" that wander around in map view, players will now collect cards that represent troops that the Player can train and use in battle. These cards can be found and collected from loot crates and card dealers. The cards will act just like "mercenaries" in that players will need to discover each troop's card to be able to train that troop in the Barracks. Any more cards of that troop collected will be used to level up the troop in the Training Grounds.
- Each individual troop unit will have their own card to be discovered and collected by players. Cards will also have a rarity to be found: Common cards like Axeman and Archer will be able to be found easily, but other cards like Sorceress will be harder to find.
- Introducing the Raider - This troop is weak, but fast, and has a preference for resource buildings. Troop has been added to the game, complete with art, model, and animations. It is fully functional in battle.
- Introducing the Battering Ram - This troop is slow, but strong, and has a preference for defensive structures. Troop has been added to the game, complete with art, model, and animations. It is fully functional in battle.
- Introducing the Sorceress - This troop's card is hard to come by, but it's worth having in battle. Troop has been added to the game, complete with art, model, and animations. It is functional in battle, but has no VFX concerning its "fireball" attack.
- Introducing the War Elephant - This troop's card is collectable, but the troop itself is not recruitable or usable in battle, yet.
- Introducing the Catapult - This troop's card is collectable, but the troop itself is not recruitable or usable in battle, yet.
- Introducing Sentry Guards - This unit comes from the Sentry Post, and will defend its base from enemies that come near it. Unit has been added to the game, complete with art, model, and animations. It is fully functional in battle.
- Introducing the Citizen - Citizens can now be collected in the Great Hall menu. First Citizen for players will be free, and following citizens can be collected over time, as long as players have enough houses in their base.
- When collected, players will view a 3d animated "discovery" scene.
- Tax collection is now implemented in the Great Hall menu, as well as tax boosts.
- Introducing Walls - Walls can be built in base view, and will act as a defensive structure, blocking the path of enemies, in battle
- Introducing Mortar - this defensive structure will lob bombs at enemies, and can damage multiple targets (delivers damage within an area)
- Introducing Barrel Rocket - this defensive structure will fire rockets at any aerial enemy
- Sentry Post is now functional in battle with Sentry Guard units
- Training Ground building model changed
- New structure level artwork and models added
- Buildings now show their name and level when players interact with them in base view
- Removing Farm
- Player outposts can be upgraded in map view
- Enemy outposts can now be raided for more loot
- Raided outposts will display a frozen "shield", and a cooldown timer until they can be raided again
- Great Hall submenu added
- Barracks Recruitment menu updated
- Barracks "Army" tab updates
- University Research menu updated
- Building Upgrade Menu updated
- Build Menu updated
- Loot crate collection flow changed to be smoother and more polished
- Building and troop info added/updated
- Attack View updated
- New building function button art
- "Log Out" button added to Player Profile menu
- Training Ground Menu added - no functionality
- Player/Building info screens updated
Battle Systems Changes:
- Battle engine improved
- Troop deployment polished
- New troop mechanics and animations added
- New defense structure animations added
- Units can now have a target preference
- New defense/attack units added to battle and available for deployment
- Defense buildings have a range radius now
Back End Optimizations:
- NPC bases have been improved
- Building upgrade can only happen one building at a time now
- Building structures can only happen one building at a time now
- Loot Crate Persistence: stored in DB now as opposed to keeping it in cache memory
- Card Dealer functionality
- All troops ready for V1 on stand-by
- Card Dealers, Npc Outpost and bases persistence: stored in DB as opposed to cache.
- NPC bases no longer "regenerate" between multiple scoutings on the same base
- Tax Collection business logic
- "Resource Reserve" logic for outposts and tax collection
- Claim citizen
- Available Parcel list (parcel's not on roads or bodies of water) now stored in blob storage for quicker reads rather than "on the-fly" calculations
- Storage Capacity doesn't get updated UNTIL the building’s level-upgrade is finished, rather than when it starts
- Research requirements implemented
- Troop recruit time varies based on Active Barracks Count (1 or 2 or 3)
- Outpost raiding and shielding
- Can only use/collect/store STONE after stone research is complete
- Mortar and Barrel Rockets functionality
- Walls functionality
- Store battle outcomes
- Scout enemy resources, nickname, and get battle cost
- Farm removed
- Tax generation cap added in (can only generate so much gold rather than an infinite amount)
- Tracking "Card Count" for each troop
- Can level a troop if they have the required card count (backend)
**Elevate Gaming did a great video explaining these features, as well as discussing future plans for the game. Check it out below: