Release Date May 9th, 2018
For V11, we focused on rounding out the core game-loop, and bringing the game to near-feature complete. Added/changed features will help establish the path we want our game to follow.
Submit any bugs/issues/suggestions here, or to our firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- Due to recent events, we have reviewed our dependency on Facebook, and are looking into new ways for players to connect with our app. In the meantime, we have made changes to how we authenticate logins through Facebook to avoid issues in the future.
NPC Base "Barbarian Skin"
- In the world of Atlas Empires, Barbarians dominate and ravage the land. They are cruel and pillage for fun, destroying all who cross their path. It is up to you to stand up to these brutes while you build and grow your own empire.
- Right now, the "Barbarian" skin is a cosmetic change for NPC bases only. Expect more concept and backstory for this in the future!
- In the Player Profile menu, players will see a list of achievements to complete (11 in total). The achievements are tiered, and will increase in difficulty, and reward, as previous tiers are completed.
- EX: "Treasure Hunter - Tier 1" requires players to collect 1 loot crate, rewarding with 2 runes for completion, whereas "Treasure Hunter - Tier 2" requires players to collect 10 loot crates, and rewards 5 runes for completion.
- Upon completion of an achievement, players will be notified, and a reward will become available for them to collect in the Player Profile menu.
- The purpose of achievements is to allow players a free way to earn and collect runes, as well as to set goals for players to work towards. These goals will guide players to progress in game, as well as reward them for simply playing.
- Runes are mystical stones with otherworldly powers!
- Currently, Runes can be used to speed up timers, ie. building, upgrading, and troop recruitment times.
- Currently, Runes can only be earned by completing achievements.
Added "Finish Now" Feature to Timers
- Building, upgrading, recruitment, and research timers will now have a "Finish Now" button. Finishing a timer will cost players runes dependant on the amount of time remaining.
Created In-App Purchase Menu
- The "Rune Shop" can be accessed by tapping the Rune counter in the top left-hand side of the screen (where the resource counters are). In the Rune Shop, players will be able to purchase our in-game premium currency. Currently, the menu is non-functional - purchases cannot be made.
Added Ad Function in Great Hall Menu
- Ads are now functional in the Great Hall Menu. Instead of having the "Ad Functionality Coming Soon!" message, an actual ad will play, and players will be granted their tax boost upon completion of the ad.
Omnipresent Recruit Button
- Once players build their first Barrack, the Recruit button will become visible above the Build button in Base View. It will always be there to provide players with easy access to recruit and manage their troops.
Redesigned Outpost Menu
- The Outpost Menu has been redesigned with added functionality. Players can now manage their claimed parcels by collecting resources from outposts, building/upgrading and/or destroying outposts, canceling building/upgrading of outposts, and removing land claims, all within the Outpost menu.
- The Outpost menu will make managing land claims, empty parcels, and outposts easy and convenient to do anywhere!
Optimized Building Sizes/Scaling/Placement/etc.
- Cosmetic change only: buildings have had their size, scaling, placements adjusted.
Updated Treasury "Fill" Models
- The gold "fill" in the treasury has been replaced by a newer and more improved model.
Optimized Map View Parcel Requests
- We have optimized how players request information on individual parcels (ex: selecting a land plot to claim and build upon). This will improve lag in this area.
Implemented Catapult Unit
- When you really want to make an impression, flinging huge boulders at your enemy will usually do it. The catapult will attack the nearest defense structure.
- Clunky troop placement - fixed: improved troop placement mechanics in battle
- Disappearing claimed land - fixed
- Battle loophole where exiting the app during battle has no consequence - fixed: exiting the app during battle forces a surrender
- Loot earned from battle was inconsistent with the amount of loot shown - fixed
- Flickering of troop portraits when recruiting - fixed
- Outpost error message when attempting to build an outpost, "Sequence contains no elements" - fixed
- Outpost build menu art flickers and changes order of buildings listed every time it is updated - fixed: re-architected how this menu loads and is handled
- Outposts would swap places with other owned outposts - fixed
- Outpost available slot would be shown in the outpost menu, but players were not able to claim an additional land claim - fixed
- Great Hall tax collection would sometimes take a significant amount of time to collect a modest amount of resources - fixed: time has been sped up with a cap for duration
- Collecting resources from the Outpost menu did not appear to collect anything - fixed
- Moving your Great Hall in Base View causes it to reload in Map View unnecessarily - fixed
- Spam tapping timers in Base View caused lag - fixed
- Troops had issues getting close to their target - fixed
- Troop, when damaged, would have their health bars appear and persist in battle - fixed
- App permissions asked to make and manage phone calls - fixed: this was due to our ad service, and the permission has been disabled
- Troops would not deplete when used in battle - fixed
More coming soon!!!