Release Date June 22, 2018
For V12, we focused on optimization to improve the overall user experience. We've listened to feedback for our past updates and have balanced numbers (costs, time, requirements, etc) throughout the game. We've also worked to improve screens, flows, and scenes to be more informative and efficient. Players will also be able to see and hear more: sounds and VFX! We encourage players to explore the new features, changes, sights, and sounds of Atlas Empires!
Submit any bugs/issues/suggestions here, or to our firstname.lastname@example.org email.
Optimization and Balancing: Buildings and Units
- This is a complete overhaul of numbers and data. Based off of user testing and input, we've reformulated, from top-to-bottom, all building and troop data.
- We've expanded leveling for all buildings, and balanced costs, construction times, and requirements. The "Build Order" has been restructured for the new content.
- We've expanded leveling for all troops, and heavily balanced all costs, requirements, army space, health, dps, etc.
Loading Screen Bar
- We've implemented a functioning loading bar in the loading screen
Updated Avatar Selection Screen
- Players will now view a new scene when selecting their avatar. The scene will have the 3D avatar spinning on a 3D platform with a row of character portraits beneath it. Players can swipe the screen to select another portrait, and view another model.
Updated University Menu
- The University menu has been optimized for a more efficient research experience.
- Players will now have a more simplified view of the research tree, and what they may be currently researching
Removal of Scholars
- Scholars have been removed from the game completely. We felt that their current implementation was distracting and did not fit in with the current game. Now players can start researching as soon as they have built their University.
Updated and Added to Researches
- We've expanded the researches, and divided the Research Tree into 3 tabs: Base, Resource, and Defense. Each tab will have its own research tree with researches relating to the tab's name.
- Like before, Players will have to research items from the start of the tree, and make sure their University is upgraded to an adequate level, before they can unlock researches later on in the tree.
- Players DO NOT need to commit to researching from only one tab. Players are free to select which tab to research from, and when.
Updated Building Upgrade Menus
- Building Upgrade menus have been improved for design and efficiency.
Updated Scout and Battle Screens
- Scouting and Battle screens have been improved for design and efficiency.
Added Troop Targeting "Crosshairs"
- When placing troops in battle, players will now see "crosshair" targets briefly placed on the building(s) the troops are targeting.
Updated Construction Scene
- Building Construction scenes have been improved for design and efficiency.
Updated Building Models/Art
- Due to balancing, all buildings have more levels. We've currently redesigned and implemented new art and models for the following buildings: Barracks. House, Turret, Sentry Post, and Training Ground.
- In future releases, we will continue updating the building models/art for the remaining buildings. In the meantime, they will retain the old models/art.
- This will cause a regression for Barbarian skins in NPC bases. New building models do not yet have barbarian skins, so will appear as normal in barbarian NPC bases.
Updated Achievement Banner
- We've improved the art and flow of the Achievement Banner. Players will now see a banner drop from the top of their screen, stating the achievement that they earned. This banner can be tapped away if desired.
Optimized Card Upgrade Screen
- We've optimized the Training Ground menu to let players know when it is time to upgrade the Training Ground building.
- In-game, the Training Ground's level dictates how much a Troop card can be upgraded. If a troop card requires the Training Ground to be of a higher level, the player will be notified when the card is selected and viewing the Card Upgrade Screen. Where the cost would be is prompt stating to upgrade the Training Ground to further upgrade that troop card.
Land Claim Explanation Prompt
- Whenever a player attempts to claim land (by clicking the Land Claim button), they will be shown a prompt reminding them of the choice they will be making.
- This is to help prevent accidental purchases and future roadblocks for players, as well as remind them of the importance of location, location, location!
Sounds and Music
- Players will now hear sound and music effects in the following:
- Load Screen Chime Music - Heard whenever the loading screen is seen.
- Base View Music - Heard in base view and when scouting enemy bases.
- Default Button SFX - Heard with any button w/o any pre-existing sound.
- Resource Collection SFX - Heard whenever players collect taxes, collect gathered resources from outposts, or collect resources from chests.
- Construction SFX - Heard whenever a building is made under construction.
- Citizen Collection SFX - Heard whenever players collect a citizen.
- Players will now see visual effects in the following:
- Collecting Resources from Menus - Seen when resources are collected from the Outpost menu, or Great Hall menu.
- Collecting Resources in 3D View - Seen when collecting resources from an owned outpost in Map View, or when attacking buildings in an enemy base.
- Chest Opening Glow - Seen when players open a chest.
- Card Dealer Glow - Seen in Map View at Card Dealer platforms.
- Mortar Bomb Explosions - Seen in battle.
- Avatar Sparkle - Seen in the new Avatar Selection screen.
- Construction Complete Flash - Seen whenever a building is finished constructing.
- Mortar Fuse & Launch - Seen in battle.
- Wall Construction Lag
- Battle-Star Inaccuracy
- Construction Complete Not Updating
- Sentry Unit Targeting Issues
- Great Hall Level 4 Upgrade Blocker
More coming soon!!!